Oh, I laugh--heartily and deeply--when I hear someone chatter about men and women being equal.
I've been alive a long time and I have never heard a MAN chatter about this, but maybe it's just a statistical aberration.
First thing you have to do is actually look up the meaning of the word "equal." Having the same quantity or measure of another. Being the same as all members of a group. Showing or having no variance in proportion, structure, or appearance.
I really don't think any of these apply to men and women.
Let's get mathematical for a second. Does 1 EQUAL .9999999999999999?
No. It's really, really close, but they're not equal. Women will say that's being technical. Men will say that's being precise. Which is why you want a guy building your rocket ship and not a women, for the most part.
So while we're ALMOST equal, we have these...differences. Like brain chemistry and bodily hormones and such. Oh, and men don't have vaginas. That's another thing that makes it impossible for us to be equal. You notice these things when you keep your eyes peeled.
And now that we've established we're not equal, we ask WHY? Why will men and women never be equal, other than the obvious biological reasons?
Because women couldn't handle being equal to men in, well, actually the length of time would be from the beginning of civilization till whenever you're reading this.
Here are just some of the many reasons:
1. Women wouldn't wear a condom.
2. Women wouldn't enjoy paying for half the freight while having zero decision making power in the baby department. "It's my body and it's your bank account although we both made the mutual decision to bump uglies."
3. Women couldn't handle it if they had to meet the men's requirements in all sorts of things, including fitness requirements in the military.
4. Women's college sports wouldn't like it if they had to survive based on popularity.
5. Hey, didja ever wonder why if women outnumber men there hasn't been a man president? They could just vote Oprah into office every year if they wanted! I don't think they'd like it if we were equal in this area, either.
6. Men do not menstruate in outer space. That's why Starfleet captains are all men or women past menopause.
7. If men and women were equal, then men could give birth to children and women would be forced to relinquish the only trump card in their "men vs. women" hand.
8. Try getting out of a speeding ticket without a big set of hooters sometime.
9. If men and women were equal, one of two things would happen. Women would, like men, want sex all the time and the species would overpopulate. OR, men would, like women, never want it and procreation would cease. Either would result in extinction of the human race.
10. Women would like The Three Stooges. Seventh sign of The AntiChrist.
We may be equals, but we're never be equal. So get over it. And make me a turkey pot pie, woman!
(This is the part when all the chicks get bent out of shape.)